Friday, August 1, 2014

Shopping for a New Top

Today is the day I pack up the trailer and tomorrow morning bright and early I hit the road for the great state of Texas! 

1,234 miles is about to separate me from my family and friends :( 

This is probably the most crazy thing I have ever done in my life. Moving for a job, that is over 1,000 miles away, where I don't know 1 single person, in a place I have never even visited. 

Some of you might be reading this thinking this girl is nuts, and sometimes I wonder that too. The cool thing about this experience is that it is a total leap of faith. The ONLY person I have to lean on is God and his faithfulness. Although it is super scary, it is has been the most humbling experience knowing that my faith has no boarders and that I have complete trust in his will for me life :) 

Over the past week I had to say goodbye to some pretty awesome people. I can attest that a lot of tears were shed Wednesday night after going to dinner and hanging out with my best friend Erin. However, the best thing about these friendships is that they will last forever :) Even though I may be 1,234 miles away I know that no matter what we will ALWAYS remain friends and thats a great feeling! 






One of my friends used this analogy to calm my nerves Monday night. He said,


"Think of this as a shopping spree. You have your one green top that you love and have been wearing for years. Sure, its hard to set that green top down because you have so many great memories wearing it. Except you are about to go on a shopping spree and try on a bunch of new tops. You might like the new tops and you might hate them but you know that the green top will always be there for you to put back on. Someday you might go back to only wearing that green top or you might find a new top you LOVE. Regardless the green top will always be there to support you and love you." 

Well here is to my new shopping spree! Although its hard to leave, I am so thankful for my green top and I can't wait to come back and "wear" it again in November :)   photo Signature_zps758aa3db.png

No comments:

Post a Comment