Thursday, May 10, 2018

Guilt with Food

So if you have followed me you know my entire life FOOD has been at the center! Always controlling parts of me! I started with clean eating and portion controls awhile back and it changed EVERYTHING!

I had no clue what healthy food was! I had no idea that eating a plate full of fried chicken and Mac and cheese was bad (okay I probably knew that one but I also ignored it)! Educating myself on what my body needs was awesome! I dove in head first!

I started cutting out things, I made substitutes, I gave up stuff, and ya know what? I always felt GUILTY! Guilty when I wanted a brownie, guilty when I wanted to drink with friends, guilty for wanting a salad dressing that was more than just 3 drops!

But recently I was introduced to something new, a program that’s main idea was “Track it and see!” Yeah I have to eat veggies but I can dip them and drench them in things that make them taste yummy! Yeah I eat oatmeal and bread and even brownies! I just track it!

See the thing with this program is learning what healthy living is like and doing it most of the time while STILL living life with a Margarita in hand! It’s changing our mindset with food!

What is food used for? How can I make it yummy? Do I really need that? ALL questions I have asked while following along! And the answer is fuel, CHEESE (jk,  it seriously cheesy spaghetti squash, yummm!), and no I really don’t need a whole bowl of popcorn but when I do actually need it, it’s there!

No deprivation, no guilt, just 3 meals a day and 1 snack with lots of veggies, proteins, and fiber filled carbs!

So as I shred off the weight and eat my DQ cone I can’t help but smile to myself and think, man it feels GOOD to be free from the food guilt!

(The above program mentioned is 2B mindset)

No comments:

Post a Comment