Monday, January 27, 2020

Living in Joy


How many times do we truly live in the Joy that God has given us?

I know for me, fear, anxiety, worry, all try to creep in and ruin the wonderful blessings God has for me!

There have been so many times in my life that I was too worried to be excited! Too scared to fully embrace the goodness of God! I was worried, "What if it was too good to be true!?" "What if this glorious blessing is taken away!?"

The What If's can rob us of enjoying the wonderfulness that is Christ's blessings in our life! From worries on our wedding day that the day goes as planned we miss the PURPOSE of the day! To worrying about the loss of a pregnancy we miss the JOY that God has created a life!

We may even rob the joy in our children! There are times where our worries and anxiety can crush their joyful hearts! The first day of school, their first time driving, their high school graduation! Yes, as parents, your job is to protect them, but what if our fears and anxieties consume us so that we crush the joy of our children growing up! 

Fear of death, fear of sickness, FEAR! It can consume us whole!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10 

Every time I hear that "What if" pop in my head, every time I hear the doubt creep in that this gift is actually mine to be enjoyed I remember this verse; "The thief comes to steal and kill and destroy!" He seeks after our joy! He wants to destroy it!

"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly!" What a glorious promise from our Lord to live in his Joy! Replace the they with your name, "I came that ___________ may have life and have it abundantly!"

Next time fear creeps in, next time the what ifs seem to put is in a spiral, remember who came to destroy our joy and who came so we can have life in it! Live in your joy my friends, don't let satan kill and destroy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment