Monday, March 6, 2017

I couldn't run a mile without dying!

This is it! 30 days of core work!!

If you haven't figured it out, I LOVE working out! I really enjoy the benefits! However, it wasn't always that way. 

3 years ago I was just out of college. I lived a typical college life. Going out on the weekends, eating lots of fastfood and pizza and all other kinds of junk. I moved home for the summer between end of the school year and the semester before I student taught. 

I weighed almost 200lbs and I felt completely lost. You see, in high school I was very active! I played basketball, I ran track, I was always doing something. In college that ended. I tried going to the gym but it was a roller coaster! Some of the time I did great, then there would be months of never going.


I will never forget that day with my mom and sister. We were planning on running a mile, no big deal my mom and sister thought. In fact, I thought it would be fine! In high school, I could run in 7-8min mile! I thought it would be easy! But I couldn't do it. 

You guys I literally couldn't breath. It took me 15 minutes to get through the mile and that included walking half the time. My sister and mom passed me and asked if I was okay. Through the tears I said yes, but deep inside I was SO ashamed. They kept going and I just walked thinking to myself, how did I get here? How did I get to this place? How can I physically not even jog a mile!?

Most importantly I thought, how do I fix this? 

Fast forward 3 years later here I am! 25+lbs lighter, 3 pant sizes smaller, and a whole lot of confidence! I ran a half marathon, I completed 5 different workout programs, and now I am focusing on the part of my body that I have ALWAYS hidden......my stomach! 



In 3.5 months I am getting married and my goals is a flat tummy! I have NEVER worn a bikini, even in high school I still didn't have a flat stomach, and more than anything I want to be on my honeymoon rocking my bikini! 

So I am doing 3 rounds of Core Da Force, a boxing workout that focuses on cardio and your core! The program is 30 days long and I plan on doing it through 3 times. I CAN"T WAIT! I can't wait to work towards a goal! 



I want to bring 5 people on this journey with me! No matter where you are starting! If you have been working out for months but need a change of pace or if you are me 3 years ago and can't even DREAM of running a mile! I want to help! 

Follow my journey and updates here! 

What are your health and fitness goals!?

Linking up with: Bianna, Weeklywrap, Carylee, Lauren, TrendyandTidy,  Tuesdaytalks

14 comments:

  1. Awesome job!
    Xo, Elizabeth
    http://stripesandsolitaires.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your before/after photos are a total motivation, thanks for being brave and sharing these
    Jasmine @ makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want more info on Core Da Force! Sounds perfect to do before my beach trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome motivation! You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspiration and I am so proud of all you have accomplished! I was in the same boat a few years ago and a few changes made all the difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl :) way to to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Loved reading about your story. That is so amazing you've found the motivation to get into shape! You're look fabulous already!!! Keep up the great work and thanks so much for sharing with us at On Mondays We Link-Up :)

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inspiration you are! I too remember when I couldn't run for 30 seconds much less a mile! Yes in deed, I started the couch to 5k program and I couldn't run the first 30 seconds without stopping!
    You have a great goal and the motivation to get you to that goal! I look forward following your progress! Thanks for joining in the Weekly Wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wonderful story of taking charge of your health and choosing to live a healthier lifestyle. It's great you've already run a half marathon too (my favorite distance!) Your hard work and perseverance has paid off, as evidenced by your photos. I'm sure you will meet the goal you have set for your wedding. Thanks for linking with us, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You look great. I love the boxing workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an inspiration! Way to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Learn how educational therapy empowers individuals with special learning needs such as ADHD, autism, dyslexia, and learning disabilities. Public and private schools cannot solve the learning problems that 15 million children in the US face. Educational therapy offers help and hope. pay for essay online

    ReplyDelete