Thursday, June 5, 2014

Letter to my Students

You would think the end of the year would get easier, but for some reason it doesn't. That is not necessary a bad things, it just means I have some pretty awesome students! While many teachers are excited for summer (me included) I am very sad the end of the school year is here :(


Dear Students,

What a year!! There have been many ups and downs this year, but it truly amazes me how people your age cope and deal with tragedy. I hope that you have learned a lot from me from History, English, and life skills; but I want you to know how much I have learned from you.

I have learned what the fox says. Yes, over and over and over again. Whether it was blasting from you Iphone's in class or you were jumping up and down at homecoming I can say with out a doubt that I do know what a fox says.

I have also learned that relationships at your age are my favorite. I love hearing about the different couples in school. However, my favorite thing to do is watch couples walk down the hall way. Ladies, if you have a boyfriend you know he is ALWAYS trailing behind you.

I have realized I need to be careful about what I say. Hormones are RAGING at your age! Even if I say something in context of English class, your minds are always in the gutter. Sadly, I am immature and I laugh along with you...

I have learned that you guys are the absolute best! From the good-bye letters that were written to me to all the hugs I have been receiving the past few days. I really am going to miss this place! I am so sad to leave :(

I hope you all know the impact you have made on my life. I truly have enjoyed every last minute spent with you. Thank you for a fabulous year! I can't wait to see the incredible things you all do with your future :)

Much love,
Miss Erica Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you've got me all bittersweet about this year ending and saying goodbye to my students!
    This was such a cute letter, I hope you actually share it with them!
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete