Thursday, February 9, 2017

Korean Beef

I love me some good Asian/Chinese food! Before I focused on my nutrition I would get Chinese takeout at least once a week. That usually consisted of soup, rice, crab cheese, and sweet and sour chicken.




Although all that still sounds AMAZING! It was not fueling my booed properly! My mom and I found a Korean Beef recipe that we decided to change and make our own! 



Its pretty simple, takes about 30 minutes to prep and cook, and taste AMAZING! 



Ingredients:
1 lb Beef (Sirloin tips sliced or I used Venison steak) 
Ghee or Coconut Oil 
2 Red Bell Peppers sliced
1 Sweet Onion sliced
4 cloves garlic
2 TBS Red Pepper Flakes
1 Cup Coconut milk/fat (found in a can in asian food aisle) 
1TBS Ginger 
1/4 cup soy sauce (For Whole 30 use Coconut aminos as substitute) 
Salt
Pepper
Cauliflower Rice 


Directions:
1. Slice the beef into thin slices and set aside. Place 2 chopped garlic cloves in a pan with Ghee or coconut oil. Place the beef and pan and fry four about 3 minutes on each side. Make sure to do just one layer at a time :) Set cooked beef aside. 
2. Clean out pan and place a TBS of Ghee, 2 chopped cloves of garlic, red bell peppers, and onions in pan. Fry for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables cook down. 
3. Add to the pan 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 cup of coconut fat with a little bit of coconut milk, red pepper flakes, ginger, salt, and pepper. Bring the sauce to a boil with the vegetables. 
4. Add the beef into the sauces and veggies, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes. 
5. To cook the cauliflower rice I found it was easiest to mix with a little coconut oil and place on a cookie sheet. I let it roast in the oven at 275 for about 12 minutes :) 
6. Plate the rice and meet mixture and ENJOY! 




Linking up with Emily



12 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks amazing! I'm definitely going to add this to my recipe list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Chinese take out night! This sounds super good and a way to get my craving without getting all the bad for me stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making Asian dishes at home and I feel like they taste even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the recipe ! This looks yummy ! Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I only have one asian dish that I make regularly, I need to try this!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be perfect for a Valentine's Day menu. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try this for sure. I've heard that cauliflower rice is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I need to jump on the cauliflower rice train. I've heard great things about it! Thank you for linking up with us :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete