Friday, October 25, 2013

I did it!!

13.1 miles.

Successfully completed! 

In fact, I finished 6 minutes before my goal time of 2:30:00! So no, I wasn't super fast, and yes it was extremely hard but I completed my fitness goal I sat months ago! Also, my sister surprised me and drove from Indiana to run with me! I seriously could not have done this with out her! 

Miles 1-6 easy peasy! To be honest, I wasn't training as well as I should have leading up to the race. I ran maybe 4 miles twice a week. So to get through mile 6 so easily, I was ecstatic! 

Mile 7: Started to struggle a little. Luckily they were handing out goo to runners, so I was able to re-energize and go! 

Mile 8-9: No problem! I kept thinking, I am so close to being done! I got this! 

Mile 10: death. I had not walked up to this point. However, I have sports induced asthma and I started feeling my lungs closing. It was in my best interest to walk, no more than a quarter of a mile then I started to run again.

Mile 11-12: SO CLOSE!! I had the music blaring, rhythm going! Life was good..

Until I hit mile 13. Have you ever had those dreams where you can see the end of something, like a finish line, but you just can't get there? Well thats what happened, except real life. Mile 13 may have been the hardest thing I have EVER done in my life. It was the last mile and I physically could not move.

Luckily, I was able to be encouraged by all the people lining up as you get closer to the finish line! 

Where I finally crossed, in 2:24:32! I have never been more proud of myself or have felt so proud of something I worked SO hard for! Check out my fitness page to see where I began. 



This 1/2 marathon is a celebration of where I was and where I am today. Hard work, dedication, preserving  all are required to be successful. I can not wait to see where another year takes me, and the preparation I will be enduring to check off another half marathon in my future! Should I go for a full? I don't know...we will have to wait and see! 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! What an accomplishment... I've always wanted to be a runner, but I absolutely hate to run. Makes sense huh? lol... but I am proud of you- great job girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats that is so awesome!! And I agree with Chelsea above me.. I definitely want to be a runner, I just kinda hate it but I am hoping to change that next week when I start couch to 10K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations girl... soo amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!! isn't it such an awesome feeling to cross that finish line?? sign up for the full next year -- gives you something to work towards :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYY!!! I am so excited for you girl, you ROCKED IT! I think I told you I signed up for my first ever 1/2, it's not until May but I'm hoping I can get a similar time to you- I think you did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your determination. Mucho. YOU GO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!! what an amazing accomplishment in the first place, to finish a 1/2, and to beat your goal time by 6 freaking minutes--- even better!!
    You rocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT! Hello inspiration. I ran for 20min and jacked up my knee for 3 weeks and counting. Oh to be closer to 20 than 30 haha
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! What an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete