Friday, October 25, 2013

I did it!!

13.1 miles.

Successfully completed! 

In fact, I finished 6 minutes before my goal time of 2:30:00! So no, I wasn't super fast, and yes it was extremely hard but I completed my fitness goal I sat months ago! Also, my sister surprised me and drove from Indiana to run with me! I seriously could not have done this with out her! 

Miles 1-6 easy peasy! To be honest, I wasn't training as well as I should have leading up to the race. I ran maybe 4 miles twice a week. So to get through mile 6 so easily, I was ecstatic! 

Mile 7: Started to struggle a little. Luckily they were handing out goo to runners, so I was able to re-energize and go! 

Mile 8-9: No problem! I kept thinking, I am so close to being done! I got this! 

Mile 10: death. I had not walked up to this point. However, I have sports induced asthma and I started feeling my lungs closing. It was in my best interest to walk, no more than a quarter of a mile then I started to run again.

Mile 11-12: SO CLOSE!! I had the music blaring, rhythm going! Life was good..

Until I hit mile 13. Have you ever had those dreams where you can see the end of something, like a finish line, but you just can't get there? Well thats what happened, except real life. Mile 13 may have been the hardest thing I have EVER done in my life. It was the last mile and I physically could not move.

Luckily, I was able to be encouraged by all the people lining up as you get closer to the finish line! 

Where I finally crossed, in 2:24:32! I have never been more proud of myself or have felt so proud of something I worked SO hard for! Check out my fitness page to see where I began. 



This 1/2 marathon is a celebration of where I was and where I am today. Hard work, dedication, preserving  all are required to be successful. I can not wait to see where another year takes me, and the preparation I will be enduring to check off another half marathon in my future! Should I go for a full? I don't know...we will have to wait and see! 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! What an accomplishment... I've always wanted to be a runner, but I absolutely hate to run. Makes sense huh? lol... but I am proud of you- great job girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats that is so awesome!! And I agree with Chelsea above me.. I definitely want to be a runner, I just kinda hate it but I am hoping to change that next week when I start couch to 10K

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! isn't it such an awesome feeling to cross that finish line?? sign up for the full next year -- gives you something to work towards :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYY!!! I am so excited for you girl, you ROCKED IT! I think I told you I signed up for my first ever 1/2, it's not until May but I'm hoping I can get a similar time to you- I think you did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your determination. Mucho. YOU GO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!! what an amazing accomplishment in the first place, to finish a 1/2, and to beat your goal time by 6 freaking minutes--- even better!!
    You rocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT! Hello inspiration. I ran for 20min and jacked up my knee for 3 weeks and counting. Oh to be closer to 20 than 30 haha
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! What an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete