Thursday, March 23, 2017

Sweet and Spicy Chicken

THIS! This is one of my FAVORITE recipes!!



How many of you love to snack on your children's chicken nuggets?? Or lets face, some of us don't have kids yet we still enjoy a good chicken nugget meal! 

This recipe was inspired by my LOVE for chicken nuggets! Super simple and really yummy! 


Ingredients:
2-3 Chicken Breast cut into pieces 
1 cup Almond Flour
Seasoning (I use Cajun but you can use Italian or whatever you would like!)
2 eggs 
1 cup honey
1/4 cup hot sauce 
1 TBS garlic powder

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 425
2. Spray cookie sheet with oil or use parchment paper 
3. In a bowl scramble eggs. Place almond flour and seasoning in a separate bowl. Take chicken pieces and dip into eggs, then roll into flour mix, and place on cookie sheet. ***Let extra egg drip off chicken before place into flour AND let chicken sit for 30 minutes after coated to let the coating soak into the chicken, this will prevent the coating from falling off later**** 
4. Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until center is done. 
5. While chicken is cooking, place honey, hot sauce, and garlic powder in sauce pan. Bring to a boil then take the sauce off of the heat
6. When chicken is done, take it out of the oven and place oven to BROIL. Place each piece of chicken into the sauce till coated and then back onto the pan.
7. Broil coated chicken for 5 minutes
8. Then Enjoy!! Pour any extra sauce on top if you wish ;)

5 comments:

  1. I love me some nuggets! I order them often at Chick fil A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I know we would love this! I love simple recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this sounds SO good! I will definitely be making this for dinner tonight!! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete