Friday, March 15, 2013

CHANGE

Every year I go through the March blues. Living in Michigan, I get so sick of the cold, snowy, dark weather! What makes it worse, is those few days that the sun comes out, the temperature rises to the mid forties and I begin to think spring is right around the corner. I pull out my bright colored ward-robe (which only consists of about 4 colored shirts since I am a grey/black clothes loving girl) and start to pack up my winter clothes. Suddenly, the temps drop, the snow falls, and I am stuck in a bright blue short sleeve shirt in twenty degree weather. 



Now usually I pack my bags and head to Florida for a nice vacation. Last year I was lucky enough to go to the Bahamas with 16 of my sorority sisters (for those of you that don't know I am a proud alumni member of Sigma Kappa sorority <3). 

But this year, I am stuck in the snow! I needed something to brighten up my winter blues, so I decided to make a change

For me, this change was dramatic! I really stepped out of my comfort zone and did something drastic! I cut my hair!! I guess I didn't really cut all my hair, but enough to make people notice! I got bangzzz! I actually was really scared to do it, which is funny to think about because its just hair and what should I care about what it looks like. I shouldn't care about what other people think about it and as long as I love them, what does it matter what anybody else thinks! 


Well I went in to the hair salon, feeling liberated and spontaneous. I sat down and informed my hair stylist of the change I wanted. She seemed a little hesitant at first, so I thought to myself "is this something I really want to do?" I decided I couldn't turn back so I told her "yes, this is what I want." As the sharp metal scissors slowly approached my face I thought "this is it, no turning back now" and snip, I watched my long hair fall to the floor. Scared to look up I let her cut the rest. She turned my chair around to look in the mirror, and to my surprise I LOVED what I saw. Who knew bangzzz could be so liberating! 

The rest of the day I felt so free and I truly didn't care about what other people thought of them. The bangzz lesson I learned is that as long as I feel happy with what I look like, as long as I feel confident then who cares what others think! I felt great! I thought I looked great! And no one can change that opinion of myself :) 

Change is scary, but the lesson I learned from it was well worth the inches of hair I lost :) Heres to the knew look! The look thats solving my winter blues, and the look that made me realize self worth is more important than changing my look for anyone else :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment