Monday, June 17, 2013

Dads, cousins, friends, and weekends

This weekend was a CRAZY! Bare with me for this post, but I promise lots of pics! 

Friday:

 I got to spend the day with my best friend Erin prepping for her wedding in two weeks :) I can't WAIT for the day to get here because she will make the most BEAUTIFUL bride! I got a sneak peak at the reception hall, which I am so obsessed with I feel the need to get engaged ASAP to reserve a date! (maybe I should find a boyfriend first ;) ) But in all reality it was such a perfect day of wedding planning, steak dinner, and watching Perks of Being a Wallflower (which was soooo good!) Two weeks Erin and you will finally be Mrs. A and enjoying a nice long vacation! 

Saturday:

My cousin had his open house! Apparently Michigan might be one of the few states that do an open house, so let me explain what it means because its not a way to sell your house ;). An open house is a graduation party for high school grads where they celebrate with friends and family. The family puts on a huge party with lots of food, pictures, and cake! 

My cousin has decided to go to GVSU in fall! I am so excited seeing as I have been going there for 5 1/2 years now! I know I need to graduate! But I am so excited for him to start his journey as a Laker! L-A, K-E, R U a LAKER? HELL YA! 
GVSU cousins


 Cake and Pics


mommy and me :)

My mom and the cousins! 

I also was able to re-unite with my best friends from high school! I love that no matter how long it has been, we are always able to pick up just as we left off! I love these ladies! 


Sunday:

So Saturday was crazy, but Sunday was a lot more relaxing! I was able to spend time with my dad for fathers day! I am so lucky to have such a great relationship with my dad! He is seriously my best friend and someone I go to for advice. He is the example of a godly man, husband, and father, and I hope that I am lucky enough to meet a man like him someday! I am defiantly a daddies girl :) But also on fathers day, I am even more lucky to have the father of heaven on my side. It amazes me the love he has for his children. So whether you have an earthly father or not, you will always have your heavenly father, loving you more than anyone or anything can on this earth 

phewww, happy monday all! 

Sami's Shenanigans

1 comment: