Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The little things

Yesterday I had one of the best/craziest days! Besides the fact I had a student freak out, like literally throw objects, curse me and the other teacher out, and more...I was reminded why I do what I do and how precious life is.

I have a student in the program with special needs. I know I am not suppose to have favorites, but I can't help it with him. He brings a smile to my face every single day. Last week he approached me with a challenge to play basketball at recess with him. Yesterday was the day! 

I have never had so much fun playing basketball! I don't think I have laughed as much, smiled as much, and truly enjoyed the time! I also think that he had more fun than I did (since he went to tell everyone else at recess about the game we had played). 

My favorite part is that after our one on one match, in which I lost, I pretended to interview him as if he was an NBA player. You would have thought he was actually on TV! He told me in his "fake" interview that playing basketball was his "dream come true," and that Miss Erica was a "tough opponent but just couldn't keep up with him on defense" :) He told me was now a "house hold name" and that he was "thrilled to have won." 

I have never met anyone that is happy about life or that loves everyone as much as he does. He brings a smile to my face every single day and is truly a special kid. I am blessed for my job, but more importantly blessed for what they teach me :) 

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest! Its true that it really is the little things that make us the happiest!

    ReplyDelete