Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter and the Final Four

What a great Easter weekend!! It amazes me every year how quickly I forget the importance of the holiday. I don't mean that I literally forget the meaning of the holiday, but it just blows me away that a sinner like me was saved by the grace of GOD

I watched the Passion of the Christ for the first time this year and balled my eyes out. If you have yet to watch it, I recommend you do because it put into perspective the suffering of Jesus endured just to save the sinners of this world :) 

Here is a pic of my family from Easter Sunday brunch. Sorry its a little blurry!

I got a great new maxi dress to wear for the occasion, very similar to the one my sister has on :) Nothing like matching outfits! 

I also had a great time watching Michigan head to the final four!!!! I went from last place in my bracket to 13th! (out of 26). Just when I thought I had lost all hope to win this years bracket tournament Michigan pulls through for me :) Along with Louisville, but I am all about the maize and blue

For the Sweet 16 games my family went all out and grilled outside for the first time since last fall!! The weather this weekend finally felt like spring :) We had wings, grilled mussels, chips, salsa, cheese, crackers, stuffed olives, and my homemade fruit salsa with cinnamon chips for dessert. 

The fruit salsa is great because its a healthy dessert and tastes amazing. Dice up any fruit you want, (I chose strawberries, kiwi, oranges, apples, and grapes), add 1 1/2 tsp of sugar and a little lemon juice, and you have the salsa! For the chips, I cut up corn tortillas (since I have a gluten allergy, but you can use flour), sprayed them with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil, added a little cinnamon sugar to the top, and baked them in the oven at 375 till brown. 

Also, first day of Insanity workout! I will update you all later with results! Anyone going on the workout journey with me? Like I said, it doesn't have to be insanity, anything is great! 

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter weekend, and a wonderful week this week! I sure will, I am FINALLY on spring break :) 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment