Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all you mom's out there! What a wonderful gift to be a mother, I can't wait to experience it someday :) Most importantly to me, happy mothers day to my wonderful mom! 
My mom is not only just a mom, she is my best friend. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with her. It is funny how much that relationship changes from when you are are really young and you need your mom for everything. Then the teenage years hit and your mom seems to be the biggest burden in your life (which turns out not to be true, at all), till you leave for college and suddenly you miss your mom so much! And now in my early twenties I have my mom to go to in any situation and am truly blessed to have her as a role model to be a godly wife, mother, friend, daughter, and more. 

For the challenge today, it talks about something you miss. 

I couldn't think of one specific thing but I thought of this, childhood. How easy was life when your biggest concern was the street lights coming on and you had to go inside for the night? The innocence of a child is truly one of life's greatest blessings. I just miss the days of creativity and play. My sisters and I always use to play house and school, and now those things aren't play anymore, they are real life! The cool thing about play is that nothing goes wrong, a house is a warm loving place with a family and no problems, a school is a place of learning with no cliques or bullying. In reality, we know those things not to be true, that a home may have many issues and a school is full of disappointment and anxiety for some. So I miss the innocence of a child, where this picture perfect world could do no wrong :) As some would say, those were the days

No comments:

Post a Comment