Thursday, May 9, 2013

Precious Moments

Day 9 of the challenge is a moment in your day. There are so many moments to choose from to enjoy, however, many people don't take the time to enjoy them. 

The moment I chose happened Tuesday night. I had been in class all day, work after that, and just walked in the door around 7:30pm. I live with my parents while I finish up my student teaching and so does my younger sister while she saves money to get a house. On the drive home from class I was feeling stressed but had made a plan to get home and get started on the three chapters of reading and questions that would be due in class the next day. When I walked in the door my family was already to leave and my dad said "hey, we waited for you and we are going to go downtown (where we live) and get an ice cream and sit by the water." 



I hesitated at first because I had so much to do but thought, how often does my whole family get to spend time together? Rarely ever. So I said okay only an hour because I have homework. 

That moment when we got downtown and sat by the water was my favorite part of my day. To be able to spend time with my family, look around at all the people outside in our community made me realize how lucky and blessed I truly am. I realized the best moments can be ones you have to take time for. I could have easily brushed off my family with my busy schedule and missed the conversation of us reminiscing with each other about growing up and when we were little.
                                        


Take time to enjoy the moments. Don't allow a busy schedule get in the way of making memories with those you love because when you look back on life is it the moments you remember or the hectic schedules? 

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty backdrop for eating ice cream :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time visiting your blog. Love your advice and thoughts that you write on your blog. I am following you now on google friend connect & bloglovin'. I hope you can visit my blog when you get a chance. Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment at the end was the best. That is something I have been working on as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes moments with family is all you really need! What a pretty view :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! What a perfect, wonderful moment!! We all SO need to do this! I know, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is great! What an awesome moment. I'm sure most of us definitely need to do this.

    http://www.barefootandnostalgic.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete